Cognos Retrieve deleted/orphaned user's my folders from content store

Recently I had a challenging requirement to retrieve some users My Folders content whose active directory profiles were accidentally deleted and recreated. This requirement came to me after three days the profiles have been recreated, because there were profiles with new GUID in active directory which is nothing but CAMID in cognos they were not able to see any of their reports in cognos. First i started importing the content store deployment from 3 days ago(this had to be extracted with a point in time copy as it gets overwritten every night) to a sandbox and it ran for 5hrs and showing errors on some user profiles saying their CAMID is missing. After struggling for 10 hours I found this slick SDK script that gave some hope. Basically this SDK script on cognos KB queries the content store for Orphaned My Folders and saves them to a folder in Public Folders with CAMID's. We then had our DBA's restore the content store to the point where users had old CAMID's and I pointed the Sandbox to this content store and ran the SDK script and it did the trick this time. I was able to successfully restore all the Orphaned My Folders.

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21340789

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Query Cognos 8/10 Content Store

Cognos 8/10 CAMID-User ID/LDAP ID report

Cognos Cross-tab Report Studio Report Ungroup Items to display as list on every line